Sadness in the New Year
Yesterday, I got a call that the beau's grandpa passed away.
I had been trying to convince the beau to visit his grandpa for ages because we heard he wasn't doing too good. The beau finally purchased a ticket. I think he was hesitant because he didn't want to see his grandpa in a weakened state. He was set to visit in 11 days.
The beau's mom called me at work and left a message. She never calls so I knew what she was going to say. I burst into tears, but quickly composed myself. I said that I was sorry for her loss and that I'd try to get the beau to call her.
When I got home, the beau greeted me and started to get dinner ready. I had to stop him and give him a big hug to say how sorry I was. We just hugged and cried for a while. I never knew my grandparents, so his grandpa was as close as I got to one.
We went to bed holding hands, silently crying.
I had been trying to convince the beau to visit his grandpa for ages because we heard he wasn't doing too good. The beau finally purchased a ticket. I think he was hesitant because he didn't want to see his grandpa in a weakened state. He was set to visit in 11 days.
The beau's mom called me at work and left a message. She never calls so I knew what she was going to say. I burst into tears, but quickly composed myself. I said that I was sorry for her loss and that I'd try to get the beau to call her.
When I got home, the beau greeted me and started to get dinner ready. I had to stop him and give him a big hug to say how sorry I was. We just hugged and cried for a while. I never knew my grandparents, so his grandpa was as close as I got to one.
We went to bed holding hands, silently crying.

3 Comments:
Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss. Much love to you and the beau xxx
Oh, sweetie. I'm sorry. That is really heartbreaking.
Love to you and the beau. If there's anything I can do, please ask. No, seriously.
You are both really sweet. Thank you. The beau is heading down to be with the family.
We both feel better knowing that his grandpa is with his beloved wife again (on whose b-day he passed away) and that he doesn't have to deal with his illness anymore.
Post a Comment
<< Home