The LA-ites Don't Like Me
I loved seeing my family on my recent trip. I only managed to see two friends. One I stole for a lunch at a thai place of his choice. I picked him up in my HHR, which is like a PT Cruiser on steroids. The other I had breakfast with at the Denny's. Good times...
I discovered a few things on this trip that I didn't know:
1) If I don't eat Tommy's on the first night I get there, I probably won't ever get around to it. I went to Tommy's on Rampart with my sis after a long plane trip after a long day at work. Tommy's'll set you right every time. I also remembered to chew up a bunch of Mylantas afterwards to curb any tummy issues, if you catch my drift (or lack thereof).
2) I love playing games on the Nintendo Wii. My niece and nephew brought it over to my mom's house. We had hours of fun creating Miis (avatars), playing original Super Mario Brothers, Bowling (at which I suck), the fitness test (I have the fitness level of a 71 year old, if I remember correctly), and playing Guitar Hero. BTW, I am no Guitar Hero. You should check out the playlist on Guitar Hero. It's bizarre. Sonic Youth, Pearl Jam, Pat Benetar, Living Color... I guess they all have rockin' guitar jams as their unifying glue. I picked Kool Thing by Sonic Youth as my song (after being told my nephew that I had to go through the tutorial so I wouldn't make a fool of myself) and got BOOED (sp?) off stage with only 27% of my song done. BTW, my nephew called Sonic Youth noise. How awful! He claimed it's a line from Juno, which I haven't seen so I can't verify. Noise? Kids today...
3) I like puzzles. My mom had a puzzle of a Van Gogh painting she was assembling and making very slow progress on. We all decided to get this thing pulled together, but we didn't quite finish. We sure made a dent in it and born again was my love of puzzle assembly. At my old job, someone would bring in a puzzle and any of the hundreds of folks who worked there would spend a few minutes putting it together. It felt good to know you were part of the team. With the beau at work almost each evening, I think putting together a puzzle would be a screaming reminder that I spend so much time at home alone. I might as well get a bunch of cats and call it a day.
4) I miss L.A. more than I like to admit. I wish I could move back, but the time isn't right. L.A. is really depressing in a lot of ways, but really great in others. I guess I at least wish my family would all move up near me.
Tomorrow, I have a battery of testing to determine what I'm allergic to. I scar very easily and I hope the testing doesn't scar me up. Also, work is kicking my butt. I snapped at the bookkeeper today. It made someone laugh because they knew that it was so unlike me. But maybe it's more like me than I think. Maybe I'm always on the verge of cracking up, but don't want to spend the time cleaning up the aftermath. Maybe I should just cry to see if I feel better. It might stop the pounding in my head. Or maybe the jug of self tanner I ordered on QVC will quiet my soul.
I discovered a few things on this trip that I didn't know:
1) If I don't eat Tommy's on the first night I get there, I probably won't ever get around to it. I went to Tommy's on Rampart with my sis after a long plane trip after a long day at work. Tommy's'll set you right every time. I also remembered to chew up a bunch of Mylantas afterwards to curb any tummy issues, if you catch my drift (or lack thereof).
2) I love playing games on the Nintendo Wii. My niece and nephew brought it over to my mom's house. We had hours of fun creating Miis (avatars), playing original Super Mario Brothers, Bowling (at which I suck), the fitness test (I have the fitness level of a 71 year old, if I remember correctly), and playing Guitar Hero. BTW, I am no Guitar Hero. You should check out the playlist on Guitar Hero. It's bizarre. Sonic Youth, Pearl Jam, Pat Benetar, Living Color... I guess they all have rockin' guitar jams as their unifying glue. I picked Kool Thing by Sonic Youth as my song (after being told my nephew that I had to go through the tutorial so I wouldn't make a fool of myself) and got BOOED (sp?) off stage with only 27% of my song done. BTW, my nephew called Sonic Youth noise. How awful! He claimed it's a line from Juno, which I haven't seen so I can't verify. Noise? Kids today...
3) I like puzzles. My mom had a puzzle of a Van Gogh painting she was assembling and making very slow progress on. We all decided to get this thing pulled together, but we didn't quite finish. We sure made a dent in it and born again was my love of puzzle assembly. At my old job, someone would bring in a puzzle and any of the hundreds of folks who worked there would spend a few minutes putting it together. It felt good to know you were part of the team. With the beau at work almost each evening, I think putting together a puzzle would be a screaming reminder that I spend so much time at home alone. I might as well get a bunch of cats and call it a day.
4) I miss L.A. more than I like to admit. I wish I could move back, but the time isn't right. L.A. is really depressing in a lot of ways, but really great in others. I guess I at least wish my family would all move up near me.
Tomorrow, I have a battery of testing to determine what I'm allergic to. I scar very easily and I hope the testing doesn't scar me up. Also, work is kicking my butt. I snapped at the bookkeeper today. It made someone laugh because they knew that it was so unlike me. But maybe it's more like me than I think. Maybe I'm always on the verge of cracking up, but don't want to spend the time cleaning up the aftermath. Maybe I should just cry to see if I feel better. It might stop the pounding in my head. Or maybe the jug of self tanner I ordered on QVC will quiet my soul.

2 Comments:
Maybe I missed it in your post, but who don't like you? Nobody I know, that's for sure. And I know most of the people in L.A.
We hit Tommy's on Monday in your honor. Well...maybe it wasn't exactly in your honor, but still. It was damn good.
Nice! Any day is a good day for Tommy's!
Post a Comment
<< Home