Musing, Random Style
My sis was up here for a visit with her fiance this weekend. We relaxed as best we could because I was expecting a document that I had to work on this weekend, which NEVER arrived. Hours spent in front of the computer for nothing. With my sis here, though, I didn't (totally) focus on the waste of time but rather on family bonding time. It was also the first time the beau met the fiance and they got along quite well. The fiance cooked up some yummy potatoes with cheese baked all up in them and it was delicious. In fact, I ate it for dinner tonight. That and some cookies. Not very healthy, but who cares!
My sis is a vegetarian, but she obliged my request for three Tommy burgers to be shuttled up. She packed them in a container and brought them, covered in condensation. Just the way I like them. I had intended for one of the three burgers to be for the beau, but he didn't want one. I know! Weird. Anyway, more for me. I still have one in the freezer. Hee hee.
My work rage is subsiding. I'm starting to feel like myself again. I forgot what it was like. However, after spending hours in front of the computer at work, I insist on coming home and doing the same thing. I can barely look at the screen. I'm writing this blog on auto-pilot. I think part of it is that I miss talking.
I go to work and talk all day about work stuff, rarely anything fun. Then I come home and I don't get to tell anyone about my day. The beau comes home too late for that. I've got a day's worth of experiences and no one to tell it to. It's kind of depressing. Yesterday, I got to talk to my other sis via phone. Today, I actually had two different phone conversations -one with a friend and one with an acquaintance. I'm scarily answering the phone just to see who is on the other line.
But I also really dislike being any place but home. I think I'll start up scrapping again. Lord knows I've got enough new photos. I hope all this doesn't drive me to get the new iPhone out of boredom. (Don't count on it. I'll probably get one by the end of the month.)
My sis is a vegetarian, but she obliged my request for three Tommy burgers to be shuttled up. She packed them in a container and brought them, covered in condensation. Just the way I like them. I had intended for one of the three burgers to be for the beau, but he didn't want one. I know! Weird. Anyway, more for me. I still have one in the freezer. Hee hee.
My work rage is subsiding. I'm starting to feel like myself again. I forgot what it was like. However, after spending hours in front of the computer at work, I insist on coming home and doing the same thing. I can barely look at the screen. I'm writing this blog on auto-pilot. I think part of it is that I miss talking.
I go to work and talk all day about work stuff, rarely anything fun. Then I come home and I don't get to tell anyone about my day. The beau comes home too late for that. I've got a day's worth of experiences and no one to tell it to. It's kind of depressing. Yesterday, I got to talk to my other sis via phone. Today, I actually had two different phone conversations -one with a friend and one with an acquaintance. I'm scarily answering the phone just to see who is on the other line.
But I also really dislike being any place but home. I think I'll start up scrapping again. Lord knows I've got enough new photos. I hope all this doesn't drive me to get the new iPhone out of boredom. (Don't count on it. I'll probably get one by the end of the month.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home