Thursday, January 15, 2009

Change of Plans

Just when you think you've got everything figured out, life throws you a curve ball.

I am not going to get married on a cruise. It's just how it is, so there. I won't go into it, but I firmly believe that things happen for a reason and it should be for the best.

So I've been exploring other options and have been quite pleased. I have a dear, dear friend who doesn't read this blog, but who is getting married soon. I shared my dilemma with her (I was crushed) and she was really supportive and instantly started sending me links to sites. One was to the Hornblower site. They're a firm that runs big cruises out in SF Bay and they have a wedding package that is very reasonable. Very. And I'd be married by a captain and sail around with family out on the bay. Nice, huh?

My colleague at work suggested another spot, Pelican Inn. It's a British pub in Marin that does special events. I could be married on the beach, which is 2 minutes away, and walk over to the inn for the reception. Since it's an inn, there are rooms available to rent for the out-of-towners. Cool, huh?

I tells ya, I was so sad - crying all night - but, like I said, things happen for a reason. Whatever the beau and I do, as long as family is around, we'll be happy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should seriously consider Pelican Inn. The good thing about doing it at a British pub is that you could serve kidney pie and blood pudding. Can't beat that.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I have an appointment with them on Sunday. I'm hoping to drag the beau for the tour. I mean who would want to go to Marin with the wonderful weather we're having. Who, I ask?

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home