Tombstone
Imagine Bill Paxton, Kurt Russell, Jason Priestly, Charleton Heston, Michael Biehn, Val Kilmer, and Powers Boothe ALL IN THE SAME MOVIE. That is the brilliance of Tombstone.
I saw it again last night and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face even if you slapped me with a wet puppy. I love almost everything about that film. The cast is fantastic and the cinematographer goes crazy with extreme close ups on eyes. Oh, the sea of blue eyes they show...
Mind you, I love westerns. I love the greats and Tombstone is right up there. It's no The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, but that's a brilliance of another kind. Tombstone is not a subtle film. It's bold with its colors and language. "Law don't go 'round here, Law Dog!" Hee hee. I could say that all day long. I love the dusters everyone wears. They're magically never dusty. It's almost campy sometimes, but then sometimes everything is so perfect - the setting, the cast, the script. Everything!! I love that movie. "You tell them I'M coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear. Hell's coming with me!" How'd you like to whip a line out like that at the perfect moment? Did the bank accidentally overcharge you for something? Call them and quote that line and I'll bet you get your money back.
OK, I know you may be skeptical. Try watching it again. Did I mention Bill Paxton is in it? Doesn't he automatically make everything great? Who's with me? Twister? Aliens? Big Love? Anyone? What about Powers Boothe? Thank goodness for Powers Boothe!! Oh, and Kurt Russell... Don't get me started. I'll just say his hair cut and highlights frame his face beautifully. Makes you almost forget he's a republican.
Give Tombstone another try. I think you'll like it...again and again.
I saw it again last night and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face even if you slapped me with a wet puppy. I love almost everything about that film. The cast is fantastic and the cinematographer goes crazy with extreme close ups on eyes. Oh, the sea of blue eyes they show...
Mind you, I love westerns. I love the greats and Tombstone is right up there. It's no The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, but that's a brilliance of another kind. Tombstone is not a subtle film. It's bold with its colors and language. "Law don't go 'round here, Law Dog!" Hee hee. I could say that all day long. I love the dusters everyone wears. They're magically never dusty. It's almost campy sometimes, but then sometimes everything is so perfect - the setting, the cast, the script. Everything!! I love that movie. "You tell them I'M coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear. Hell's coming with me!" How'd you like to whip a line out like that at the perfect moment? Did the bank accidentally overcharge you for something? Call them and quote that line and I'll bet you get your money back.
OK, I know you may be skeptical. Try watching it again. Did I mention Bill Paxton is in it? Doesn't he automatically make everything great? Who's with me? Twister? Aliens? Big Love? Anyone? What about Powers Boothe? Thank goodness for Powers Boothe!! Oh, and Kurt Russell... Don't get me started. I'll just say his hair cut and highlights frame his face beautifully. Makes you almost forget he's a republican.
Give Tombstone another try. I think you'll like it...again and again.

6 Comments:
I'm not skeptical. We own that movie. Val Kilmer is brilliant.
By the way, don't forget your friend Billy Zane! He's a cool dude. ...and he's also in Tombstone.
I need to own it, too. Val Kilmer is great. It's the only thing I've liked him in.
I did forget that Billy Zane was in it. Doesn't Jason Priestly hold his hand in a "special" moment?
AAHHH, there's just so much to love!
Dude, I am so with you! And you didn't even mention Robert Mitchum, Michael Rooker, Billy Bob Thornton, Thomas Haden Church, Terry O'Quinn or Frank Stallone! Seriously, I just used exclamations for consecutive sentences...how often does that happen? Not only do I own Tombstone, but I watch it frequently and have given it as a gift more than once. Man...what a great movie.
I'm your huckleberry...
Gotta try that "hells coming with me" line out on my cowboy of a manger who wants a disciplinary meeting!! Yeeee-ha!!
You should tell your crazy manager that you're bringing hell with you to that meeting!! ;-) Make sure you wear a duster and a cowboy hat. It'll help with the effect.
Post a Comment
<< Home