Muse Du Jour
I opened my blog this morning to see what was new. Yes, I opened my own blog to read what I had written. Of course, I know it doesn't work that way, and I was temporarily disappointed. There are so many random thoughts I have that I think they get magically transcribed to my blog. Maybe I've been watching too many old Twilight Zone episodes. Rod Serling would have certainly made one about that.
I had a pretty deflating meeting this morning and I'm searching for some inspiration in whatever I can. Luckily, an old friend sent a forwarded e-mail about women and how we're smart and funny, etc... It worked to put me in a better mood, but just for a minute. Then, I was reminded by a colleague about why work is a drag sometimes - the org's Board. On some level, I know they mean well. On another level, I know they enjoy sounding superior to the very experienced and capable staff. They don't advise. They dictate. I don't like being dic't around.
I'm hoping my Tai Chi class will shake off their negativity. If not, maybe some cookies will. But if I write about it, I'm hoping it'll free my mind to think about other, more positive things... like procuring said cookies...
I had a pretty deflating meeting this morning and I'm searching for some inspiration in whatever I can. Luckily, an old friend sent a forwarded e-mail about women and how we're smart and funny, etc... It worked to put me in a better mood, but just for a minute. Then, I was reminded by a colleague about why work is a drag sometimes - the org's Board. On some level, I know they mean well. On another level, I know they enjoy sounding superior to the very experienced and capable staff. They don't advise. They dictate. I don't like being dic't around.
I'm hoping my Tai Chi class will shake off their negativity. If not, maybe some cookies will. But if I write about it, I'm hoping it'll free my mind to think about other, more positive things... like procuring said cookies...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home