Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm Losing It!

First of all, before I get all panicky on you, I'd like to thank SJ for being my one and only follower. Hee hee.

Now, I can barely breathe these days. My tummy is churning and I have horrible anxiety about - what else - the wedding!

It's not normal freaking about how we're going to pay for it (if you have any ideas, let me know, please?!) or the date or anything like that. (My head is pounding now as I try to get this out.) OK. I'm just going to say it - people are inviting themselves to the wedding. Today, I heard from 3 people who will make the journey to SF to go. I care about these people, but do I look like I'm made of money? Would I love for them to come? Yes. Can I afford it? No. How do you say that? The line about "just family" is ineffective. How much plainer do I say it?

Could it be that people are just expressing their joy for the future union by saying they'd move heaven and earth to attend or do they mean that they'll move heaven and earth to attend? I can't get a read on this and it's driving me to dry-heave at work. MMM, pretty picture.

What do I do? Anything? I vote I do nothing. I also vote for not telling anyone else. So you're it, oh mystery audience. You know I'm getting married...and I'm sorry. The wedding is just for family. Don't hate me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hungry Dog said...

Cee, you must tell these people they are not invited to your wedding. Be your usual diplomatic self (though now that I read your blog, I have a sense of what churns beneath your calm and polite exterior--I love the dichotomy!). Tell them how wonderful they are to be so happy for you, and that you wish you were in a position to have a larger wedding. Unfortunately, that is not possible. You must tell them. The longer you let it go, the worse you will look as the wedding gets closer.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Hungry Dog said...

PS, I can't wait to get my invitation! Just kidding. I'll sit this one out. :)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Thanks. I'll just tell people that I'll send them a picture, but the event is just for family.

I'll send you a picture.

BTW, I have the stomach flu which would explain my upset belly.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I would do? Raffle off a couple of invitations. That way you'd raise money to pay for the wedding while emphasizing to people that it's a small affair. It's not that you don't want them there, it's just that they lost; what can you do? People would understand that.

Or you could auction them off on eBay. That way you could find out who likes you the best. You could also secretly go around to each person saying, "I REALLY hope that you're the one who wins. I want you there the most." That would make people feel good and also drive up the price.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I'll just cancel my plane ticket then. Bono and I will find something else to do that day, if that's how you're gonna be.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

A raffle? I could fix the raffle, too. Interesting...

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home