Long Time No Blog
Could this be my first blog of Feb. 07? Where has the time gone? January moved as slowly as molasses and Feb is whizzing by.
On the new job hunt front - Friday, I got a call from my former co-worker who got canned. Seems like there is a job in her new office and she requested my resume to submit. I would LOVE to work where she is and I was very excited about the potential opportunity. I'll learn more about it next week.
Also, I understand from another former colleague that there is a position where she is and that I'd be perfect for it. She said they'd love to have me there. I'm waiting for more details, but it seems very promising. Then, that same colleague got approached by her old boss for a job with another organization. She told me because, again, there's another position open there that, if she got the job, she'd want me to take. Funny how it all happens around the same time...
Work is getting more and more stressful. I'm still on a roller coaster ride with the crazy BOT member controlling the switch. My interim ED is considering leaving. Oh, I forgot. He said that if he landed at another non-profit, he'd try to get me a spot in his new org. I'm SO over where I work and I need something new. Too bad that one person can bring a profound level of misery to so many. I'm all for an ousting of the crazy BOT member, but it's not my call. But if I leave, I will say that it's because they need another kind of person to handle crazy and it ain't me!!
The beau will be taking a computer class so his mom got him a new computer. It came with speakers which I quickly commandeered and attached to my computer. I played my collection of 80's tunes all night long! I played lots of INXS (from the albums Kick and Listen Like Thieves), The Alarm (songs from Strength like Knife Edge and Only the Thunder), Prince's Purple Rain (it sounds so good really loud!), and anything else I could sing along to at the top of my lungs. I learned that the beau knows the words to lots of my fave Pearl Jam songs. I can't understand Eddie Vedder and imitate him by mumbling through his songs very loudly. I like it my way better.
Last bit of random news, yesterday the Queen Mary II was docked along the Embarcadero in SF. I take the Embarcadero to work. Unbeknownst to me, everyone in SF was on the Embarcadero to look at the behemoth of a ship. It took and extra hour to get to work and it took me almost 2 hours to get home. I wouldn't have minded if I was headed to Hawaii on it, but I wasn't so I'm just annoyed.
On the new job hunt front - Friday, I got a call from my former co-worker who got canned. Seems like there is a job in her new office and she requested my resume to submit. I would LOVE to work where she is and I was very excited about the potential opportunity. I'll learn more about it next week.
Also, I understand from another former colleague that there is a position where she is and that I'd be perfect for it. She said they'd love to have me there. I'm waiting for more details, but it seems very promising. Then, that same colleague got approached by her old boss for a job with another organization. She told me because, again, there's another position open there that, if she got the job, she'd want me to take. Funny how it all happens around the same time...
Work is getting more and more stressful. I'm still on a roller coaster ride with the crazy BOT member controlling the switch. My interim ED is considering leaving. Oh, I forgot. He said that if he landed at another non-profit, he'd try to get me a spot in his new org. I'm SO over where I work and I need something new. Too bad that one person can bring a profound level of misery to so many. I'm all for an ousting of the crazy BOT member, but it's not my call. But if I leave, I will say that it's because they need another kind of person to handle crazy and it ain't me!!
The beau will be taking a computer class so his mom got him a new computer. It came with speakers which I quickly commandeered and attached to my computer. I played my collection of 80's tunes all night long! I played lots of INXS (from the albums Kick and Listen Like Thieves), The Alarm (songs from Strength like Knife Edge and Only the Thunder), Prince's Purple Rain (it sounds so good really loud!), and anything else I could sing along to at the top of my lungs. I learned that the beau knows the words to lots of my fave Pearl Jam songs. I can't understand Eddie Vedder and imitate him by mumbling through his songs very loudly. I like it my way better.
Last bit of random news, yesterday the Queen Mary II was docked along the Embarcadero in SF. I take the Embarcadero to work. Unbeknownst to me, everyone in SF was on the Embarcadero to look at the behemoth of a ship. It took and extra hour to get to work and it took me almost 2 hours to get home. I wouldn't have minded if I was headed to Hawaii on it, but I wasn't so I'm just annoyed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home